Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10 Days

It's 10 days until Ashlie get married! It's a crazy time for her, for me, for Shawn, for my children who think I have COMPLETLY lost my mind. But in all the craziness I felt it important to share with all of you the joy and I feel deep down inside (underneath all the tulle and lights :)), my daughter has made good choices and will be recieving her endowments this friday night and will become a temple recommend holding member of the church and I am indeed grateful that her journey in life has made this most significant stop at the temple. The following Friday she will be sealed in the temple to Shawn. Being in the young women program for so long, teaching and praying and hoping for this day for all the young women is something that has become a regular part of my life and my daughter being worthy and ready to enter the temple for her endowments and temple marriage is something I have a hard time putting into words. The first time you see your child in the temple is an amazing feeling one I hope to have 3 more times after this Friday. I love my family very much, we are a crazy bunch but we love each other and that is what really matters. These moments we will spend in the temple in the next week is the stuff that really matters, and I'm really proud of my sweet sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am proud of her too! I have really enjoyed this journey with you and look forward to the next 2 Fridays! Our weekly temple trips together are a great blessing in my life! Love you! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....Dory knows!

Stefani said...

wow - I want to write a post like this about my girls in 15 years. I'm so happy for you. I remember how powerful it was to walk into my parents arms the day I was endowed. I can only imagine it's much more powerful being the parent in that scenario. Congrats to raising a wonderful daughter who loves the Lord. You are a wonderful example of a righteous mother to me.