I hate homework, my children hate homework, everyone hates homework! I think maybe Brittany didn't hate it...Amber may not have either but Ashlie hated it, so did (does) Aaron and Jason most definitely does. You would think that on CHILD #5 that I would have figured out a good system for this. Here are a list of things that don't work
#1 Grounding
#2 Threatening
#3 All of a sudden pretending I have patience
#4 Giving up on acting like I have patience which leads to #5
#5 Yelling
#6 Begging
#7 Bribing
#8 Points systems
#9 Spanking...that never works for anything
#10 Pretending the child doesn't have homework
#11 Wishing it would go away
#12 Letting them do all the checking themselves
and on and on and on....so homework is something I get a BIG GIANT F on. I can't seem to be consistent enough for anything to work. So think I have decided to try an exercise system. Here it is....you give me trouble...run around the block, next time you give me trouble jump rope for 2 minutes, next time, sit ups, push-ups, whatever. Now it kinda sounds like the military, but when I threatened this tonight (see #2 above) it really sounded like a good idea.
I don't think many people read my blog...why would they? I felt in necessary to share this anyway. I don't think I will ever look back on homework and say, "Man, I sure miss doing homework with my kids" I will think that about many other things, but homework...NO WAY.
Jason is my sweet boy, I love that guy so much, but come homework time....sometimes.....I just don't think we are gonna make it, but we do, we finished at 10:00 tonight (we had soccer in between) and we have to get up early to finish what we couldn't finish . Being a mom is not for the weak or the timid...
7 comments:
Alisa, I love reading your stuff! You can make any subject exciting....including the subject of "Homework".
The way I see it ....Homework = good grades = privileges. No Homework = bad grades = no priveleges. Privileges are sports, play time, tv etc....worked for me.
Lisa, you need to blog more. i love reading it all. the only one i don't get upset at with homework is Addalie.(and she just started kindergarten) lol!
#3 is my favorite I think I've tried that several times too with things other than homework also and for some reason I can't keep it up...
hahahahahahahaha! so funny! this is my life too!!!
Homework at your house sounds like homework at my house. Lucas HATES homework. I have tried everything on your list and still some nights we end in a huge fight where someone is banging their head on the tile counter and backup support has to be called. Homework is painful but in our house the TV doesn't come on till it is done and if the TV doesn't come on all week then mommy is cancelling it. Homework hasn't gotten easier but we still have cable :)
You are killing me right now...I'm dying laughing because this is so me...the whole list...and guess what? I make them do sit ups, push ups and CLEAN! I also have told their teachers and so if they don't do their homework at home...they do it at recess the next day. ( I guess that wouldn't work for Aaron) but you could threaten to come to school and find him and sit with him in the quad while he does it :)
I mean...I know.
*I'm mean...
Post a Comment