Monday, July 20, 2009

NorCal State Champions!!

After four long and sometimes painful years the Elk Grove Cal Ripken team won the state title!!! It was such and exciting Friday afternoon...blazing hot but super exciting. I have watched this team struggle and grow and always come up just a little short...but they finally did it! So now what??? The team is off to Bakersfield to play in the Pacific Southwest Regionals...if they win that they are off to the world series. No matter what happens...they worked hard and finaly beat Laguna. It has been such a fun and exciting time. GO EG!!!

BUT...that means no Disneyland :( We will be in lovely Bakersfield instead. I still say GO EG!! I will take that trade! Anyday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THEY DID IT!!! GO E.G!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

Gibson Family said...

Congratulations!!!

Alison said...

Yeah!

shelly said...

That's awesome Alisa! It's so exciting when our kids sports team does so well :)