Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Special Birthday

I waited until today to show off my special birthday presents...it's exactly one month after my birthday. About 2 weeks ago I realized I never blogged about the amazing presents I got from Brittany and Ashlie. Below is a scrapbook Brittany made for me, it is probably the most special gift I have been given in my life. The time and thought and love it took is truly one of those blessings you hope to receive as a parent. Sometimes when children are small, it's hard to imagine them being as kind and loving as this...maybe it's not when they are small, maybe it's when they are teenagers...or maybe pre-teen...but you get what I am sayingNot only is it 40 things she loves about me (some of them she really doesn't love though) but each page is so stinkin cute I can hardly believe it. As a scrapbooker...it really makes me proud.
Look how thick it is :) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it~~ it is a most precious gift given to me by one of my sweet sweet babies.
She did such a great job. I cried and cried through the whole thing. What a total surprise it was and it is something I treasure so very very much
BUT do not let that over shadow the equally sweet gift Ashlie made for me. How cute is it?? It's a coupon book from her to me :) Every page is so cute as well...I LOVE IT.
The coupons are very useful too!! Living with a graphic designer can sometimes be a problem (for her not me) I always think up crazy things she should design for me. I will show her something on-line or in a store and beg her to design it for me...she really is amazing so included in my coupon book are GUILT FREE design coupons. Will I really feel guilt free??? Anyone who knows me is saying "NO" right now...but I am going to try.
I have really great children. They love me, but most importantly they love the Lord. I am so very proud of them and the choices they make each day and I a grateful to be lucky enough to be their mom! My 4oth birthday was pretty special, thanks to a family who loves me!

p.s. Jimmy bought me a piano for my birthday so I have been taking lessons from Kristy Smith...she is so kind to me. I am going to prove the old saying You can't teach an old dog new tricks wrong!!!

5 comments:

Brittany Brooks said...

Oh it makes me so happy that you love it. Did I tell you about the literal blood sweat and tears that went into it. Tears came from the writing because I am just such a brilliant writer. Sweat...sometimes it was hot in my apartment. Blood...(I don't think I told you about this) I literally stabbed myself with an exacto knife. It went like half way down the blade it was like gushing blood for like a day...it was kind of crazy! Its all better now. And I really do love all those things about you...some of them are a little harder to love but I really do love them all because they make you you and I LOVE YOU!
Oh and I looked at the coupon book while I was home and it is SUPER cute! I loved it and I thought it was so clever!

Cindy Jensen said...

Ashlie, you are amazing so of course you would have some pretty amazing children. Those are some really great gifts. Being a parent is just so awesome and happy birthday.

Alisa Pierce said...

Hey Cindy...my name is Alisa! So who is amazing me or Ashlie?? :) Funny girl!

Ashlie Purcell said...

Hahahah I am amazing! Cindy knows what she is saying ;)

I love you Alisa :)

JEN...Thats me! said...

Those are such cute gifts. and so sweet. Brittany and Ashlie are so creative.