Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cake Decorating is not like Riding a Bike

I cannot believe that Abigain is ONE!! I remember how tiny she was the day she was born and now she just walks around my house like she owns it! She is so super cute and she loves her Grandma and Grandpa and we really do love it! She gives Jimmy and I so many kisses (sometimes it's a bit gross with all the slober...but I don't care) we LOVE her!

I decided to take on the task of making her 1st birthday cake...what was I thinking!!!???? More importantly why to I take on such big projects ONE day before I leave for education week? AND why did I want to make it such a big cake...well basically because that is me :)

It's not that easy to pick up where I left off though. I got all my cake decorating stuff out and realized it has been atleast 5 years since I decorated a cake...you just can't beat the Costco cakes. They aren't pretty but they get the job done. Anyway I did the very best I could but cake decorating isn't like riding a bike it's more like running. I used to run 3 miles everyday...now I can't even make it to the corner...it's like it never happened! So the cake is a little crocked and I can find about a million faults with it BUT I like it! Amber, Derek & especially Abigail liked it and so I am happy!!!

5 comments:

Stefani said...

I am SUPER impressed! I used to do this too - and I totally agree with your analogy! It is like running!! :) The dots lining your edges are adorable! (and REALLY hard to do, so I appreciate how good they look!!) Great Job!!

Cindy Jensen said...

That cake is "freakin" cute! I love it...what an awessome grandma you are!

Anonymous said...

Cody will be two in November...want to make his cake so you don't get out of practice: wink wink...this cake is awesome!!

The Esslinger Family said...

The cake is super cute! If you need more practice...Cale is 2 in October ;) - Oh and the college thing for the pictures is called Picasa I download it off the internet/website onto my computer (it's free)

Sam! said...

Um i love this cake!!! It turned out amazing way to go grandma!!!!